Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Artists Summary

After looking through each of the four artist's works, I found myself liking Jeff Wall and Cindy Sherman's pieces. The reason I like Jeff Wall is because of how natural and realistic his photos are. They remind me of the simple every day things we encounter, but he has a way of twisting them around and making them more appealing.I liked Cindy Sherman's work because it centers itself around a certain style of the 70's decade. It's not something that is seem very often. Teun Hocks's style reminded me a bit of Salvador Dali. A lot of his pictures have a surreal feel to them because of what is going on, but the way that he is able to put the images together is incredible. Gregory Crew reminds me of Jeff Wall a bit. They both have somewhat the same sense of style, when it comes to picking photographs that capture real moments in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment